AL-KO 2T Off Road Coupling - Override to suit Hydraulic / Mechanical Brakes
Engineered by AL-KO in Australia specifically for extreme off-road adventure, the new AL-KO Off-Road Ball Coupling incorporates extreme vertical and horizontal articulation as well as a quick & easy hitching design that requires no pin or hole alignment.
When a standard coupling is used for rough off-road use, the Australian Standard degree of articulation (or angles of available movement) may be insufficient. This articulation problem was solved by introducing AL-KO’s “Original” Off-Road Ball Coupling.
AL-KO’s Australian engineering team have since developed a new generation product that provides further improved ease of use and durability for extreme off-road applications. The new Off-Road Ball Coupling is made from high-quality materials designed to endure serious off-road use and provide you with the confidence you need to take your rig into even the most remote parts of Australia. Designed for use with a standard 50mm ball.
- Suits brake type: Hydraulic / Mechanical
- Suits 50mm Ball
- Capacity: 2000 kg
- Centre of ring to first hole 149.5mm
- Mounting Pattern: 184mm x 54mm
- Hole Diameter: 13.5mm
- Surface Finish: Zinc plated
Key Features at a Glance:
- Extreme articulation (vertically and horizontally) is suitable for extreme off-road towing.
- Overcomes the articulation limitations of the traditional ball coupling.
- Tough zinc-plated components. Built for serious off-road use.
- Available in fixed and override configurations.
- Suitable for retrofit to existing caravans and camper trailers.
- Can be used with level rides for on-road towing.
- Uses the standard tow vehicle set up for the ultimate convenience.
- Designed to clear most 4wd tailgates.
- No difficult pin or hole alignment as is associated with most pin-type off-road couplings.
- Engineered by AL-KO – the global leader in caravan chassis components to specifically suit Australian conditions.
- Level rides should be removed when towing off-road to allow for the articulation of the coupling.